It’s no secret; I’m a crazy couponer. Last year was the first year that I was able to donate to a food drive in a long time though. This year I (single mom of THREE boys) was able to donate EIGHT grocery bags full of food and toiletries. And it wasn’t just eight bags full of the cheap stuff either.
Most of what is listed below was free. ALL of the toiletries were free, the pasta and cereal were $.50 and the canned goods were somewere between $.25 and $.50 each.
How to: Shop sales and use coupons. If you shop sales and use coupons all at the same time you get free and really cheap stuff.
Every Friday I post a “Friday Coupon File” which includes the number of newspaper inserts to expect – so that you can stock up on papers or pass – and a list of printable coupons (just a few).
This year we dontated all of the goods I was able to stock up on to Jonesie’s school drive and THIS is what we donated:
- 22 miscellaneous cans (Campbell’s soup, chicken broth, Progresso soup…)
- 5 boxes of Barilla pasta (3 of them were whole grain)
- 2 boxes of Cheerios cereal
- 2 boxes of Cap N Crunch cereal
- 2 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats cereal
- 1 box of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 2 boxes of Stove Top stuffing
- 1 box of Swiss Miss hot chocolate
- 1 bottle of French’s mustard
- 2 boxes of Kraft Mac N Cheese
- 6 tubes of toothpaste
- 3 packages of dental floss
- 2 sticks of deoderant
- 5 boxes of Kotex
- 2 packages of Carefree
- 1 bottle of contact solution
- 4 bottles of salad dressing
Do you donate to food drives?