The kids LOVE taco night. And frankly, everyone I have ever made tacos for has loved them too.
INGREDIENTS (I generally double this recipe)
- 12 corn tortillas (not premade hard taco shells)
- 1 lb ground beef
- taco or fajita seasoning
- 1 can of refried beans (I mix mild and hot beans)
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- cooking oil
- hot sauce, salsa or taco sauce of your choice
- Brown ground beef and follow directions on taco seasoning packet. (Last night I accidentally used fajita mix but decided not to tell and I got “these tacos are sooo good” comments from all.)
- While meat is browning pour enough cooking oil in a frying pan to cover tortillas as shown and heat to a simmer.
- Fry corn tortillas one by one until fully cooked. They should still be fairly floppy so as not to crack when folded.
- Heat refried beans on the stove or in the microwave.
- Shred lettuce and cheese. (Or, if you’re like me you buy already shredded cheese)
- To make the tacos: spread beans on fried tortilla, add meat, cheese, lettuce and cheese. Sprinkle tacos with sauce or salsa of choice.