Something about warm weather, backyard bbq’s and swimming pools (we’ve been chilling at my mom’s pool lately) just make visions of apple pie dance through my head. Slices. It’s actually slices of pie dancing around.
Yes, I know, I’m dieting and I will not eat the apple pie because I’m not going to jeopardize my success so far (2 lbs in the first week), but visions of apple pie slices dancing in my head are just fine.
But just because I’m dieting doesn’t mean everyone around me has to too. And besides, the boys will eat it so fast I won’t even get a chance to think about having a piece!
Here is my great homemade apple pie recipe. And if you want the best apple pie ever you’ll go and print out my homemade pie crust recipe here. You can thank me later. Enjoy!
- 3 pounds of apples (about 9 medium apples) sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan
- Add apples to mixture and stir well
- Let sit approx 25-40 minutes until you see liquid forming.
- Add lemon juice
- Heat over medium until sauce thickens
- Pour into already prepared pie crust.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling. If edges brown too fast place a piece of aluminum foil over the top until pie is done.
Let cool, add ice cream and consume immediately!
For more pie delicousness check out my homemade peach pie recipe.