It’s that time of year again. That time of year when the sun comes out, flowers begin to bloom, the windows get opened and the spring cleaning begins!
I have a confession! While I recycle, use a composter and use recycled materials to ship on eBay the following picture is the “unders” of my kitchen sink and my cleaning practices aren’t so green. At all!
Second, I used the household products database by the US Department of Health and Human Services only to discover that many of these products include ethanol, Myristyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, unspecified solvent, ammonia, Benzenesulfonic acid, C10-C16-alkyl derivatives, among many more things that I can’t even pronounce let alone tell you what they are.
Shocked doesn’t even begin to describe what an eye opener this project has been. I guess disappointed is the word. My kids clean with these! These products go in our dishwasher – on our dishes, our laundry, – on our backs, on the counters that we touch….. Blech! It’s no wonder cleaning induces harsh eczema on my hands!
I recently got the opportunity to try out Shaklee’s Get Clean Starter Kit.
Shaklee brings you a full line of natural and nontoxic cleaning choices that are Safe for You, Your Home, and Your Planet®called Get Clean®.
- No harmful fumes or hazardous chemicals.
- Outperforms 20 national leading brands.
- You would spend $3,400 for ready to use cleaners to get the same amount of clean found in the Get Clean Starter Kit!*
- Features Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate – just 1/4 tsp. makes 16oz. of all-purpose cleaner for only 3 cents.
- And when you purchase the Get Clean Starter Kit you also make a positive impact on the planet:
- Keep 108 pounds of packaging waste from landfills.
- Eliminate 248 pounds of greenhouse gas.
- WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!
* Based on comparing number of uses as set forth on product labels of conventional, ready-to-use cleaners.
Before I talk about the Shaklee Get Clean products specifically check THIS out!
The clutter is GONE! And all of those harsh chemicals right along with them! These products will clean my entire kitchen and then some. Counters, oven, stovetop, floors, pots/pans, fridge, sink, dishes, appliances, fixtures, walls, stainless steel, granite, wood, marble, dishwasher……… ALL OF IT! And all windows and mirrors, doorknobs and doors.
Isn’t it beautiful? It makes me so happy in so many ways. I’ll admit that while the lack of clutter and harsh chemicals thrills me to pieces the super awesome part? Is that when my boys do their chores, all they have to do is grab the caddy, cleaning cloths included, and GO. (I’ve even begun to put cleaning checklists in there too! Need I remind you that they’re teenagers and need a little reminding?) Yay!
One product, the Get Clean Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate, alone eliminated the need for at least six of those products in my “before” picture and………… it’s organic!
The concentrate is really easy to use with the Shaklee spray bottles as seen below. The three spray bottles are labeled with “Windows”, “All-Purpose” and “Degreaser” so that you know which product to use on what. For the degreaser, the heaviest hitting product, it only takes 1 1/2 teaspoon of the Basic H2 concentrate!! The Window cleaner takes 2 drops! And the All-Purpose mixture takes 1/4 tsp. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT concentrate is going to last???
Also included were laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent and dishwashing liquid! I am SO relieved to take the harshness out of a big piece of our lives, not to mention the environment!
Are you ready to win some awesomeness of your own?
Giveaway details (Click here to read official contest rules.):
ONE lucky winner will win a #GetClean Household Mini Kit which includes:
- Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate, 16 oz. (1)
- Basic H2® Wipes (35 count)
- Germ Off Wipes (35 count)
- Scour Off
- Measuring Spoon
- Dropper Pipette
- Spray Bottles (3-pack)
To enter leave a separate comment for each bullet point below:
- REQUIRED. Now it’s your turn. Look under your sink and tell me if you find any of the following ingredients in your cleaning products; kerosene, phenols, cresol, lye, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, sulfuric acid, petroleum distillates, ammonia, sodium hydroxide, butyl cellosolve, phosphoric acid, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, morpholine, and phthalates? Leave a comment telling me which toxic ingredients you found and why you need a green cleaning makeover.
- Like the Shaklee facebook page.
- Follow Shaklee on twitter.
- Watch this video and tell me one thing that you have learned.
- Like the Single Mom on a Budget facebook page.
This giveaway will close on Friday, April 20th, 2012 at midnight MST. Winner will be chosen at random and notified on Saturday February 21st and will have 48 hours to response – so please use a valid e-mail address when entering.
Good luck and #GetClean!
Disclosure: This review and giveaway was made possible by the Shaklee Corporation & Mom Spark Media. Incentives, product and support were provided. Thoughts are my own.