Fall is here. Pumpkin everything is everywhere right now too. Make a batch of these pumpkin cheesecake bars, grab a pumpkin spice latte and snuggle in! I’m telling you, you’re going to want to grab the pan and just be done with everything for the day.
The crust on these pumpkin cheesecake bars tastes like gingerbread. The pumpkin cheesecake part is melt in your mouth delicious. So, really it is kind of like pumpkin cheesecake on top of gingerbread. It’s that good.
You can put nuts on these bars rather than cream cheese frosting. While I enjoy nuts on their own, I don’t enjoy nuts in my baked goods. Having a few nut lovers in my life, though, I compromise with 1/2 of the pan.
The other half of the pan was covered in amazing, homemade, cream cheese frosting. The recipe for the cream cheese frosting is below the recipe for the pumpkin cheesecake bars.
- 1 package pound cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp margarine, melted
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixer bowl, combine pound cake mix, 1 egg, melted margarine, and 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Mix on low speed until crumbly.
- Press onto bottom of 15x10 jellyroll pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in sweetened condensed milk and remaining 2 eggs, pumpkin, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spiece and salt. Mix well.
- Pour over crust. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Cool in refrigerator. Cut into bars.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Cream cheese frosting is so good. It might feel like a little bit of cream cheese overload to put cream cheese frosting on top of pumpkin cheesecake bars, but I assure you it is not. The frosting is optional, of course, but I vote that you opt FOR it.
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl at medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in 1 tsp vanilla.
- At low speed, beat in 2 1/2 c powdered sugar until needed for spreadable consistency.