UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed.
The winner is:
Summer can get expensive with the kids out of school and booooorrrred so I fund our summers by selling on eBay. In our house it’s summer sports that take over the finances. Baseball fees alone just to play are $850 not to mention the cost of any pants, socks, shirts, hats, cleats…
We dream of vacations. We talk about where should go all. the. time. We have grand ideas of visiting Yellowstone Park, the Redwood Forest, the beaches in San Diego, the mountains in our backyard (Colorado), or the San Juan Islands in Washington. Phoenix where my sister, her husband and my cousin live. And what about New York’s Time Square!? But I can only afford a vacation every two years so I save up for two years.
But while we stay in town we still want to live it up so this year we’ll live baseball and stick close to home with maybe a a night in Vail or camping!! We have so much to do here in Denver, with such great sports teams.
I guess my point is that everything costs money. Last year I started selling on eBay again after taking a few years off and I paid for a very nice Christmas for the boys.
I’m selling like crazy right now building up summer money. I’ve just sold some old dvd’s and book and this is going to pay for my son’s high school graduation party!!! (Which happens next week, by the way. Yikes!!) I’m thinking a nice family BBQ with all the fixings. That can get costly, but doing it myself will save some cash too.
I’ve helped some friends clean out their parents basement that was filled with really incredible vintage items and the money I make from that is going toward summer baseball.
The boys’ three closets of clothes that no longer fit are going to be a weekend in the mountains. Probably a one-nighter with some free outdoorsy stuff to do.
And at this point I’m loving the money rolling it so nothing in my house is safe. The boys are very sensitive to my “do you use this anymore?” questions because if the answer is no – it’s going on eBay!
The rest of that money will be split into paying down some debt and saving for vacation next year.
A lot of my spring clothes finally sold after my attempt to sell spring clothes in the winter didn’t work well. Duh! So the money from that will go toward a trip to the water park or Elitches.
Get your kids involved! Find out what they want to do and what you need to save up money for. Then have them help you go through the house and “part” with beloved items that you will sell so that you can have some summer fun!
Set some goals and make them happen with eBay.
You get the point? Because of eBay I don’t need to sacrifice anything, or juggle the rest of the bills to give my boys a great summer and myself piece of mind not to have to worry about the bills!
Did you see my recent feature on eBay Stories? Head on over for more inspiration and read the What works for the working mom article all about ME!!!
One winner will be chosen at random to win one $100 eBay gift card! You must have an eBay user id to enter this contest. This contest will be open for two full weeks so you have plenty of time to head over and get started!! Hint, hint, hint. $100 at stake here people!
There is a lot of entry opportunities since this is a two week promotion. You can enter them all at once, come back and answer one each day… up to you. But the more entries you leave, the better your chances. Just sayin’.
Please leave a SEPARATE comment for each of the following (I’ve answered the questions too!):
- REQUIRED:: What is your eBay user id? (Mine is treasuresinco)
- WHY did you start selling on eBay? (I’m in it for the money)
- What project/goal/vacation would you like to fund with eBay sales?? (HAWAII!)
- Have my eBay experiences inspired you to sell on eBay? (Well, YEAH.)
- What was the last item you sold? (a dvd)
- What do you have lying around that you need to get listed on eBay? (Boys clothes)
- What was the most money you sold one item for? ($170)
- When did you start selling on eBay? (3 years ago this month)
- How many items do you currently have listed? (2)
- Follow Single Mom on a Budget on facebook.
- Read the what works for the working mom article on eBay Stories and tell me one thing you learn.
- Ask a question about eBay that you would like the answer to.
- You are welcome to leave a link to one of YOUR listings. You can do this once per day.
- You may come back once per day and leave a daily entry. Your choice of topic, but please let it be eBay related and be sure to leave your eBay user id.
One winner will win one $100 eBay gift card. This giveaway will close on Friday, June 1st, 2012 at midnight MST. Winner will be chosen at random and notified within three days. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to my e-mail. If I don’t get a response I will choose another winner.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the eBay Parent Panel and this post is sponsored by eBay, but all opinions and experiences are mine and yes, I mean what I say. The $100 eBay gift card for this giveaway has been provided by eBay.