There is just something about homemade bread that gives me the warm fuzzies. Warm zucchini bread has to be my absolute favorite though. When zucchini season comes around I cozy up to my friends who grow zucchini in their gardens. Someday, when I grow up, I’ll grow my own, but until then, I will keep my zucchini-growing-friends close.
This zucchini bread recipe is the best zucchini bread recipe EVER. I promise you that. Everyone who has tried it loves it. I have shared it before and have friends who just rave over it. My son’s girlfriend works in a cafe and when she bakes zucchini bread she uses this recipe! It’s that good.
If you love amazing homemade bread you need to make this zucchini bread. You also need to try the banana bread recipe that I shared too.
- 1-1.5 c. packed shredded zucchini
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4. c. buttermilk
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves (if you don’t have this, it still comes out great)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9×5 loaf pan and coat with flour.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Beat well.
- Stir in zucchini, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixtures to zucchini mixture and stir til moist.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake approximately 50 - 55 minutes.
- Buttermilk tip: Never fear if you don't have buttermilk on hand, I have a super easy tip on how to make buttermilk yourself. I don't use buttermilk for anything else so it just doesn't make sense to buy it anymore when I can just make it!
Great tip: Never fear if you don’t have buttermilk on hand, I have a super easy tip on how to make buttermilk yourself. I don’t use buttermilk for anything else so it just doesn’t make sense to buy it anymore when I can just make it!