This cold and snowy weather we’ve been having here in Denver has me craving some good ole fashioned homemade hot chocolate (said with a suave French accent, you know… shocolat).
Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? (Don’t answer that if you are that one person.) We can all buy a box with those generic white packets, add hot water and voila, but have you ever tried homemade hot chocolate? Well then, let me just give you a hand.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe (recipe via AllRecipes.com) (adult twist via me)
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (don’t ruin a good thing with fat free milk, please)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 1/2 cups hot water
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- Whipped cream (not optional, it’s a must)
- Peppermint Schnapps (this is the adult twist part and NOT an option for 21 and under mmmkay?)
In large saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Slowly stir in water. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Top with marshmallows, (optional) and whipped cream (not optional). Store covered in refrigerator. If you’re over 21 and adding peppermint schnapps add a splash, if it needs more then by all means add more. Mmm, mmmm good.