|Chile Relleno Recipe|
- 1 dozen roasted green chiles (whole canned green chiles is just fine)
- 1 package of egg roll wraps
- 1 chunk jack cheese
- vegetable oil or Crisco
- Heat oil to as hot as you can get it. A Fry-Daddy works great.
- If you’ve bought fresh roasted chiles then make sure they are cleaned.
- Cut chiles in half length-wise.
- Slice chunk cheese and fold slice in 1/2 (so it is long and skinny).
- Lay out one egg roll wrap. Place 1/2 of chile on egg roll wrap. Place folded cheese onto chile. Place other 1/2 of chile on top.
- Roll egg roll wrap around chile cheese.
- Wet folded edge so that it is “sticky” and won’t open in fryer.
- Place gently in fryer, or hot oil, and fry until deep brown.
Make these even better by smothering them in green chile with my homemade green chile recipe.