|Chile Relleno Recipe|
Recipe Type: Main
An authentic chile relleno recipe.
- 1 dozen roasted green chiles (whole canned green chiles is just fine)
- 1 package of egg roll wraps
- 1 chunk jack cheese
- vegetable oil or Crisco
- Heat oil to as hot as you can get it. A Fry-Daddy works great.
- If you’ve bought fresh roasted chiles then make sure they are cleaned.
- Cut chiles in half length-wise.
- Slice chunk cheese and fold slice in 1/2 (so it is long and skinny).
- Lay out one egg roll wrap. Place 1/2 of chile on egg roll wrap. Place folded cheese onto chile. Place other 1/2 of chile on top.
- Roll egg roll wrap around chile cheese.
- Wet folded edge so that it is “sticky” and won’t open in fryer.
- Place gently in fryer, or hot oil, and fry until deep brown.
Make these even better by smothering them in green chile with my homemade green chile recipe.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe