ConAgra Foods was one of the big sponsors of BlissDom. They had a great booth set up and gave us a chance to speak a little bit about how the hunger situation in our areas, and while I do a TON, I am super camera shy. BUT they did manage to get 26 seconds out of me. Probably because I talk really fast.
I regularly use coupons to save money on groceries for my own home, but I KNOW that there is a need for this in the wider community so I started couponing for community and here is my first post. This passed holiday we personally donated over 100 lbs of food to a local food bank too – just like I mention in the video. It’s easy to help out!!!
They were educating us on the stats of hungry children…
- More than 1 in 5 children in the U.S. don’t know where their next meal is coming from
- More than 16 million children in the U.S. face hunger
- The face of child hunger is different than you might think. It’s not just starving or homeless children. Often, it’s a one- or two-income family that has suffered from the economy and have depleted their savings
And they also told us how we can help!!
- Enter codes from participating ConAgra Foods products at www.ChildHungerEndsHere.com, and remind your friends, family and readers to do the same
- Join the conversation by tweeting with the #childhunger hashtag throughout the campaign
- When you enter a code at www.ChildHungerEndsHere.com, you will get access to the “Here’s Hope” song by Jewel, Jay Sean or Owl City, plus exclusive, behind-the-scenes content!
You can learn more about how ConAgra Foods and FeedingAmerica are working on ending child hunger follow them here:
- www.FeedingAmerica.org and their hunger heat map: make sure you select the “Child Hunger” tab for the latest stats specific to children
Disclosure: I received no compensation of any kind for the writing of this post. I just want you to do your part in ending child hunger.