LIVEWELL COLORADO AND BIKEDENVER HOST VIVA STREETS ON AUGUST 12
One-day Celebration in Park Hill Showcases the Potential of the
City’s Streets to Get People Moving
On Sunday, August 12, from 10am – 4pm, LiveWell Colorado and BikeDenver will once again transform 23rd Avenue between City Park and Stapleton (map here) into a car-free parkway for all Denverites to enjoy. The street will come alive with walkers, bikers, runners, strollers, dancers, musicians, healthy food enthusiasts and anyone wanting to play in the streets for the day. It’s a tribute to the power of our city’s streets–to get people moving, to bring neighbors together, and to strengthen Colorado’s healthy, active culture.
- Sunday, August 12th, from 10am – 4pm (map)
- The event will kick off with a bike parade at 10am leaving from 23rd and Kearney St. Neighbors, kids, local dignitaries and active streets enthusiasts are encouraged to decorate their bikes and “ring in” the event with bike bells!
- No sign up required – just show up and join in!
- Bike Parade, 10am, at 23rd and Kearney
- Cigna Go You! Wellness Zone
- Delta Dental Healthy Smiles Photo Booth
- Learn to make Salsa and Guacamole at the Chipotle Activity Tent
- Yoga, Zumba, B-Cycles, Facepainter, Denver Water station, Garden Demos, Kids Bike Rodeo and Activity Zone, Weigh & Win, Classic Bike Display, Nuggets Fun Zone, LiveWell Get Movin’ Mobile, Cooking Demos, Jump rope Demos, Health screenings, cooking and exercise demos, Food trucks, bike mechanics,
- Cigna will have a giant mobile learning labon display to educate families about portions, BMI, exercise and more.
- Bike Parade Information: LiveWell Colorado and Bike Denver invite all citizens to join us in kicking off Denver’s Ciclovia in the official Viva Streets Bike Parade, 10am at 23rd and Kearney St. Decorate your bike before you come if you’d like and “ring in” the event with your bike bells with event dignitaries. No need to sign up to participate, just join us a few minutes before 10am.
- For more info about the event, visit Viva Streets.