- 1.5 cups margarine
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp lemon zest
- 4.5 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Jar of apricot preserves
- Combine margarine, sugar and cream cheese. Mix until well blended.
- Blend in eggs, juice and lemon zest.
- Add combined flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Chill for several hours (I had a time pinch and I let them chill for 1 hour and they were ok).
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Shape tablespoons into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly – or use your thumb – to indent center.
- Fill with preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While cooling sprinkle with powdered sugar.